Warehouse worker/Delivery Driver
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
Overland Park, KS
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1223496/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Warehouse-WorkerDelivery-Driver-Hope-Distribution-Center
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by coordinating all aspects of food drives, food deliveries and driving vehicles to fulfill the duties within the Hope Distribution Center and CCNEK’s Family Support Center locationsn
- Drive agency vehicles to pick up and distribute food donations to CCNEK’s Hope Distribution Center and locations
- Coordinate all aspects of food drives; including set up, collection, loading the truck, and deliveries to pantries
- Utilizes material handling equipment such as forklifts, etc.
- Coordinate and fulfill all aspects of the food delivery process; including filling orders, organizing the delivery, delivery, off-loading, inspecting, counting, proper storage, receipting and organizing summer back stock
- Coordinate maintenance and cleaning of the distribution center to ensure that industry sanitation and safety codes are followed
- Assist with audits by Harvester’s and other agencies
- Work with volunteers and ensure proper training on warehouse operations and safety guidelines.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to live by the agency’s Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self-Control, and Joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic,
however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a
visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the
teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic
teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States
Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or
writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of CCNEK as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six month warehouse experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic vehicle operating mechanics
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as well as a safe driving record
- Must have or be able to pass and retain DOT certification
- Provide an effective communication link between volunteers and staff
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, vehicle condition reports, and other requested records
- Ability to drive agency vehicles to in box trucks
- Customer service skills that ensure a friendly and helpful experience for our clients
- Minimum two years of professional driving experience preferred
- Ability to present a professional, enthusiastic attitude through effective communication skills to promote a positive impression of Catholic Charities to our clients and the public
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ability to frequently lift and /or move 100 pounds
- Ability to maneuver heavy loads (50 to 2000 pounds) on a pallet jack on & off truck ramps.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- Able to work indoor, outdoors in a commercial freezer; the employee must have the ability to work in changing work environments including extreme temperature conditions in the cooler and warehouse.
- May often have to work at a rapid pace to meet receiving and distribution deadlines, travel throughout the 21 counties the agency serves in northeast Kansas, and work irregular or extended working hours.
Job Type: Full Time