Warehouse Associate/Order Puller #PWV012
Royal Brass and Hose
Warehouse associate performs general warehouse duties such as but not limited to, working with heavy equipment like forklifts and pallet jacks to move freight. The warehouse worker completes paperwork, ensures tasks are completed safely with highest quality and on time. and must make decisions regarding the transfer of incoming and outgoing inventory. Warehouse associate works as a team to complete tasks safely with highest quality and on-time to our customers. They must be able to lift and carry heavy objects, and work in hot or cold weather. A warehouse worker should be alert, ambitious, hard-working, detail-oriented, and able to follow instructions while working as a team.
Essential Job Functions
- Order puller– Include but not limited to, pulling customer order, warehouse stock order, various kits, complete discrepancy sheets.
- Shipping– Include but not limited to, packing boxes, shipping labels and documents for UPS, FedEx, and motor freight
- Receiving– Receive and verify shipments from vendors via UPS, FedEx, and Motor freight. Put stock in appropriate locations. Receive and sign for shipments
- Quality Control– Through visual inspection verifies accuracy of every order before shipping
- Dispatch-Dispatch orders to include correct quantity, freight costs, tracking numbers, weight of packages.
- Inventory/Control/Cycle Counting– Include but not limited to counting, measuring, recording as a team with other warehouse associates
- Hose Assembly: Includes but not limited to assembling and crimping hose and fittings in small and large quantities for customer orders.
- Kitting: Includes but not limited to packaging various components to customer specification.
- Front Counter: Includes but not limited to receiving customer inquiries at the front counter and working as a team identify correct replacement. This may require fabrication of hose, fittings, and other components.
- Year-end inventory– Include but not limited to counting, measuring, recording as a team with other warehouse associates
- Other Job Duties as Assigned: Include but not limited to housekeeping, preventative maintenance on equipment, team meeting participation that results in continuous improvement, posting performance metrics, organization of various celebrations, attending training meeting or classes.
- Ability to work independently and safely.
- Warehouse work experience a plus
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Certified Forklift Driver a plus
- Knowledge of industry safety standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for long periods
- Great team spirit
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work alone and self-motivated
- Good math skills
- Basic keyboard knowledge
- Valid driver’s license
- Drug free
- Minimal climate-controlled environment
- Below waist lift 70lbs
- Above waist lift 50lbs
- Push 100lbs force
- Pull 100lbs force
- Overhead reach occasionally
- Stooping/Work bent over occasionally
- Climbing (Stairs, Ladder, Equipment Step-up) Occasionally
- Repetitive hand movements- stapling, using tape gun, grabbing bags, typing
- Constant Standing Position
Equal Employment Opportunity
Royal Brass & Hose provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
This job description reflects the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Royal Brass & Hose may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.