VP, Business Development Partnerships
Viant Technology LLC
San Francisco, CA
Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development.
The ideal Vice President, Business Development Partnerships candidate is an expert in creating comprehensive, strategic partnerships with targeting, measurement, and technology providers across the advertising and marketing ecosystem. Top candidates recognize market trends, understand competitive positions and opportunities, model the value of prospective partnerships, create and socialize thoughtful negotiation plans, and employ optimism and creativity in partner engagement.
This exciting new role will work closely across the Product, Marketing, Business Development, and Legal functions to inform our data strategy; to structure, pursue, and negotiate high-value partnerships, and, to maintain consistency across all partners agreements. Candidates must have a demonstrated track record driving company growth through partnerships, as well as maintain senior-level (VP and above) relationships at third parties. The VP, Business Development Partnerships must possess excellent leadership skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the advertising data and technology provider ecosystem to identify prospective partners, create an assessment plan aligned with Viant’s data strategy (e.g. RFIs), and make recommendations biased primarily by the partner fit with Viant needs
- Assess the competitive landscape for capabilities and product gaps
- Brainstorm creative ideas and new products or features which can distinguish Viant in the market or with the partner, i.e. Preferred Partnerships
- Build out partner plans for key verticals, including value models and negotiation plans
- Create a Deal Calendar to plan and track negotiation cycles
- Plan and implement negotiations, i.e. manage complete and complex partnership cycles, presenting to senior leaders at prospective partners
- Partner with internal Operations, Finance and Accounting to create KPIs, track performance, etc.
- Drive meaningful, impactful marketing and communications opportunities, such as press releases, case studies, panel opportunities and more
- 15+ years Partner Business Development, preferable in a VP role, managing high-value deals
- Experience working closely with data and technology partners from either an Agency Investment, Planning, Analytics and/or Ad Tech, Publisher/Platform Sales role.
- An established, well-formed network of senior leaders and groups across technology providers
- Deep business understanding of all aspects of Digital Media Ecosystem, Publisher and Advertiser ad tech stacks, Programmatic Activation, and cross-platform challenges and opportunities
- Technical acumen
- Highly adept at developing productive relationships across internal teams (Product, Marketing, Legal, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Accounting)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple senior-level client relationships and work across multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel post-pandemic
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- Intellectually Athletic (proactive, creative, quick learner, adaptable)
- Passion, Determination, Grit
- Collaborative, Reasonable
- Independent, Self-Motivated
- Strong work ethic, professionally competitive
- Honest, Dependable
Who We Are
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certificationand Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visitviantinc.com.
Life at Viant
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, 401K, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.