Vice President of Digital Marketing
Boca Raton, FL
MDG is seeking a motivated, talented, and experienced Vice President who is technical and has a passion for delivering exceptional digital experiences for enterprise-level clients nationally. The ideal candidate has a track record of leading development teams in the execution of enterprise-level digital experiences from inception to deployment.
Leading a talented team of engineers and digital marketers, you’ll be responsible for delivering first-class digital strategies, experiences and analytics to a wide variety of clients across industries. You will lead strategic and operational decisions while closely managing existing development projects to ensure successful timely delivery and demonstrable results.
This is a hands-on role too – with overall responsibility for delivery, the right candidate would be excited to get involved with new business and existing client strategy presentations, as well as manage the day-to-day execution of all aspects of our digital services with insight into SEO, web development, UI/UX optimization, tracking, custom reporting, advertising, social media, and more. The right person will have a strategic vision along with a pragmatic “get things done” attitude to their role.
Reporting to the COO, you’ll be a key member of the Management team with input into agency direction and strategy, and you’ll bring extensive digital marketing and operations knowledge to help drive impactful decisions. The right candidate would ideally be operating in a similar broad-based role and will be a talented digital marketer, capable of inspiring and motivating those around you as the agency looks to progress.
In addition, you’ll be the driving force behind our agency’s own digital strategy, helping to define, shape and implement as part of the executive management team. You’ll be the go-to person and authority on all things digital and will gain satisfaction from sharing knowledge and expertise with others.
This great opportunity will allow you to apply your considerable digital experience and management skills in challenging, and varied, environments and industry verticals, as we continue to establish ourselves as one of the premier national agencies.
This position is full-time and will initially be mostly remote with some in-person client meetings until the company determines it’s safe to return to the Boca Raton, Florida HQ office.
- Senior broad-based experience in a digital agency or sophisticated corporate enterprise
- Broad digital expert with great leadership, relationship management skills, and track record of delivering excellent client experiences
- Extensive and up-to-date technical knowledge of the full range of digital marketing services, including web development, integrations/APIs, SEO, content marketing, on and off page optimization, link building, UX/UI & conversion optimization and more
- Confident and clear communicator, able to demonstrable experience of engaging in conversations and building relationships with clients at the highest level
- Experience managing a team of digital consultants including developers
- The ability to blend these digital services to create the most effective digital strategy for each client
- Experience managing multi-location, enterprise-level, and digital services and web development projects
- Comfortable working on or with large client accounts and decision makers
- Ability to brainstorm and generate ideas for digital strategies alongside other departments
- A passion for Web technologies, the Internet and emerging technology trends
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates very strong problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting, analysis, and reverse engineering
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail
- Is quality focused, customer service oriented, continuous-improvement minded, and innovation-driven
- Is self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others; recognizes team contributions and achievements
- Has a positive, professional attitude and maintains effective working relationships interdepartmentally and with stakeholders
- Is highly collaborative and engaged in learning from others, both within and outside the organization
- Key member of the management team, with input into agency direction and strategy
- Plan, recommend, and oversee digital strategies across current and potential clients
- Ensure a high quality and consistent service delivery across the whole Digital Team, with a rigorous approach to managing people, deliverables, schedules, reporting, and change
- Measure ROI and KPIs internally
- Manage budgets, proposals, costs and timing to drive overall company and project profitability
- Ensure first-class reporting on campaign performance across all our active services to our clients
- Continuous improvement and development of our digital services
- Develop & drive our own agency’s digital strategy
- Act as our digital authority in consultancy work, regularly participating in client meetings, pitches, and new business development
- Effectively manages concurrent Digital Team projects in a time-sensitive work environment providing prioritization, developing the roadmap, planning resources, and ensuring alignment with business goals
- Translates digital business strategies into software architecture and solutions through interdepartmental collaboration
- Manages development team members and provides leadership through the software development life cycle.
- Helps analyze and recommend improvements for software architecture, web technologies, and web security
- Share your experience and knowledge through coaching and developing your team
- Liaise with account teams throughout active campaigns
- Provide guidance to the analytics team as they produce detailed performance reports & presentations where necessary
- Attend / speak at networking, industry, and community events as the company’s digital authority
- Bachelor’s degree in computer scienceor related field/equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15+ years experience in delivering best-in-class digital solutions
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in managing functional and technical digital marketing teams
- Expertise in scoping and architecting solutions based on client needs
- Experience with web development and best practices
- Experience with WordPress multisite is a plus.