Auburn Hills, MI
Auburn Hills, Michigan, United Statesn
Talascend is seeking qualified candidates to apply for a hybrid Validation Engineer opening with a leading automotive manufacturer located in Auburn Hills, MI.
The Validation Engineer creates and executes validation plans and procedures for robust design and development of xEV battery systems and components, and their integration into vehicles. This person will ensure all requirements are met and properly validated, both via simulations and empirical testing for BSG, PHEV, and BEV vehicles.
- Lead the Maintenance, Development, and Improvement of Test Procedures, Design Validation Plans, (DV) and Process Validation plans (PV) for xEV Battery product development activities.
- Lead development and execution of DV and PV tests, and process validation tests based on performance requirements, core DVP, DFMEA, field issues/design issues and best practices.
- Provide technical expertise in investigation of validation issues, root cause analysis, mitigation, and corrective action plans
- Actively engage with design community including Design Release Engineers, Advanced concept engineers, and Chief engineers in developing solutions to urgent product issues
- Strong proactive and reactive engineering problem solving skills (including DFSS, 8D, 5 -Why, Fault Tree Analysis, etc.
- Lead root cause analysis to identify failure modalities, and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conduct tests, recreate failure modes identified during validation testing, or warranty claims
- Assess emerging technologies, and benchmark technologies against current Company\ design standards, and Governmental Regulations.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET- accredited/equivalent university
- 5+ years in product engineering design, development and/or testing (will consider less years of experience for the right candidate
- Experience with automotive hardware testing, such as vibration, thermal, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Working knowledge of test labs and test apparatus
- Ability to read, write, and review test reports
- Good understanding of automotive OEM hardware validation test procedures, including: Environmental Durability, Thermal
- Working knowledge of test apparatus and sensors
- Experience in problem solving, including fault detection/fault isolation
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Knowledge of Global Battery Regulations, including ECE R100, and GB38031
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including welding, torque, and sealing
- Hybrid, onsite at CTC and outsource test labs in SE Michigan at least 30%
- Amount of Travel: Minimal overnight travel
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet thenqualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, othernduties may be assigned as necessary.n
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.nn
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race,nreligion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, ornveteran status.nn