Temporary Full Time Floor Leader – Upper West Side
Lush Handmade Cosmetics
New York, NY
Position: Floor Leader
Weekly: 30-39 hours
Ever wondered what it’s like behind the bubbles? #lushcareers
Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics for the past 20 years- keeping our customers’ bathtubs and showers a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
We are searching for a dynamic and team oriented individual to join our team in a Floor Leader position. As a Floor Leader at Lush you bring enthusiasm and passion for the Lush brand through a fresh and authentic customer, staff, and shop experience.
- A fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- A 50% discount off all our products to keep you smelling and feeling fresh
- An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
- The opportunity for growth as Lush loves to promote from within
The Floor Leaders support the shop management team as needed in all business areas including opening and closing the shop, running reports, facilitating training, and delegating tasks and driving sales; as a leadership team you share shop operational duties and are responsible for business areas as required to support a strong customer experience, staff experience and shop operational excellence.
Sales & Customer Experience:
- Customer Service: collaborate with your team on plans to exceed daily sales goals and ensure a unique customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their needs and makes their day.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers on our brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging through community engagement and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge through constant learning and consistently make informed and product recommendations for every need.
- Driving Sales: lead Sales Ambassador development through training and follow up regarding new products and company initiatives, using daily metrics to coach team to accomplish sales goals daily.
- Lead Fearlessly: Be present to support your team on the sales floor, answer questions, remove obstacles, and solve problems.
- Grow Talent: and elevate your skills and those of your team through constant learning and development, coaching and leading by example.
- Be Real: with your needs and feedback for your team and leaders and adaptable to the needs of the business as required.
- Live with Purpose: engage your team at every level of your business to ensure they are inspired, motivated, building strong peer and customer relationships and are connected to the brand values and participating in the creation of an inclusive work environment.
- Policies and Procedures: Support your management team to keep your shop compliant and ensure your staff are practicing company standards for time and attendance, product integrity, respectful workplace, and health and safety.
- Stock and Inventory: Support the training of your team on inventory best practices and to abide by fresh standards and rotation rules and support management as needed with inventory tasks.
- Visuals and Merchandising: Identify and support the development of your team to take pride in a clean and beautiful work environment and follow the merchandising and design standards to provide a consistent customer experience and drive sales.
- Time and Attendance: show up on time and ready to support your team, take breaks for your wellbeing, and review daily communications to stay in the know.
- Strong customer service, supervisory and sales skills
- Knowledge and interest in skincare, natural beauty and ethical business
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop including holidays, evenings and weekends
- Ability to oversee and support operations of a retail shop as needed, including but not limited to: Till and cash, visuals and inventory, soap cutting, wrapping, labeling, potting, boxing and recycling.
- Experience in customer service
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience working in skincare or cosmetics
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other languages
At LUSH, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups, non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings.
LUSH North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, differently abled, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or provincial/state jurisdiction.