Where you fit in
This role of Technical Analyst is for IDE ERP Technical Capability Center that will focus on defining solutions for Shell business and customers that leverage SAP technology to manage business applications on ERP. It is an individual contributor role (i.e. no direct reports) who will be based out of SBO, Bangalore. This role is specifically to support the DS GSAP Trading and Supply product line and should have strong technical abilities and good stakeholder management skills.
What’s the Role
- Accountable for Hydrocarbon Management, Distribution & GAME RICEF ABAP build in ERP GSAP Trading and Supply class of business.
- Designing and giving technical solutions to complex requirements in SAP IS OIL Downstream.
- Actively provide coaching and guidance to the team in key design decisions and reviews to ensure the work is aligned to the overall Shell IT Strategy.
- Actively develop team in technical knowledge and individual contributor role skills.
- Ensuring that own and team’s activities add value to the business by pursuing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Can identify and implement cost saving opportunities.
- Developing and coaching the team members to grow in their roles.
What we need from you
- Preferably at least 6 years of experience.
- It requires technical experience in Hydrocarbon Management, Distribution SAP Modules (IS-OIL) & Plant Maintenance.
- Candidate should have good hands-on experience working in new edge ABAP developments and Integrations.
- Strong technical knowledge in SAP-ABAP (DDIC, Reports, Interactive Reporting, Module Pool, SAP Scripts, Smart forms, User Exits, BAdis, Enhancements Framework, Interface, RFC, BDC, BAPI, Debugging, Performance Tuning, Interface)
- Good strong knowledge in performance tuning.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Forms.
- Perform bug/fix analysis and Recommend solutions for various business processes.
- Should have very good analytical and communication skills.
- Shall be able to Work independently and collaboratively with teams across shores.
- Stay up to date with new SAP versions and direction for ECC, HANA, Fiori
- Good to have experience in HANA, Fiori and UI5 (added advantage)
- Experience in leading technical discussions for solutions.
- Be focused on working towards agreed objectives, while maintaining flexibility to take account of new challenges and changed circumstances, as they occur
- Positive attitude, committed to achieving deadlines and results with a demonstrable track record of delivery against targets
- University/bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other related disciplines
- Experience in project delivery and familiar with project methodologies – both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Should be well verse with Agile methodology – preferably should have done a course in Agile methodology.
- Proven record of delivering against stretch targets
- Proven ability to influence without line management control
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively
- Proven ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Work effectively in virtual, geographic dispersed, cross cultural environments
- Strong leadership and change management capabilities to drive solution or improvement
- Taking ownership of problems and responding in a proactive manner where appropriate.
- Recognizes the need for continuous improvement and drive for continuous improvement in team.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills & strong influencing / negotiation skills
- Able to express line of thoughts and conclusions verbally in English language in a way that can easily be understood
- Ability to participate in blueprint and design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating the benefits, risks, and constraints to both the functional teams and other IT stakeholders.
Shell is a global energy company where we work towards powering progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. In India Shell has its businesses footprint in Information Technology, Projects & Technology, Finance Operations, Integrated Gas, Downstream & Upstream spread across more than 7 main locations.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
· We’re creating a space, where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
· We’re closing the gender gap – whether, that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
· We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
· We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.