Talent Partner, Animation
Los Angeles, CA
Our Talent Partners (TPs) are the primary partners providing guidance, coaching, and advice to first-line managers (leaders of smaller scope teams and orgs) and individual contributors. They act as the frontline consultant to people managers and individual contributors to support talent management practices within the team (onboarding, performance management, development, team health, culture). A key area of focus for the Talent Partner is to increase manager capability, enabling them to be more self-sufficient, and driving manager education on important people programs, tools, and processes. TP's collaborate with multiple HR Business Partners to ensure a collective Talent strategy that encompasses the major areas in which the org can grow and scale, while strongly reflecting the Netflix culture and optimizing organization health.
At Netflix Animation Studios (NAS), we want to produce animated titles across every taste and geography to bring joy to our current and future subscribers. We believe the experience of creating content should create as much joy for our employees as watching it does for our subscribers and we are determined to create a candidate and employee experience that enables that.
- Accelerate impact of new managers through 30/60/90 day check-ins
- Engagement with managers on employee onboarding plans (Director level below)Partner with the Talent Global Business Partner teams
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees and gather insights on themes
- Collaborate with Training and Leadership Development team on talent development plan for the function/location aligned with the Talent strategy
- Guide managers with career conversations, development plans/career growth plans and other development initiatives
- Coach managers on performance management principles with the goal of attracting, retaining and generating high performing talent
- Uses employee experience data to increase leadership and overall team effectiveness
- Triage inquiries and connect questions to the appropriate subject matter expert/team when necessary (e.g. Talent Experience and Operations (TEO), Talent Acquisition (TA), etc.)
- Collaboration with TEO specialists, Employee Services Generalists & stakeholders (Benefits, Mobility etc.) to create a proactive approach towards employee experience based on both the global and regional Talent strategies
- Collaboration with Workplace team on projects which require input of Talent team
Data integrity and reporting
- Periodic check on Workday org structure integrity (e.g. reporting lines, job profiles for accuracy in data analysis)
- Understand re-org/team structure changes and coordinate with TEO and HRBPs on data updates (ad-hoc or mass upload)
- Analyze data and observations across the organization around promotions, hiring, exits, highlighting trends and recommending/driving solutions, as appropriate, with a partnership with People Analytics
Execution of Talent annual programs (Performance Reviews, Comp review)
- Provide advice, guidance, and manage questions for Talent Programs
- Partner with HRBPs in the education of these programs through facilitated sessions or coaching at the individual/team level.
- Partner with HRBPs on additional, custom designed office-wide / function-wide Talent programs
Complex case management/leaves of absence/health and safety
- Take the lead on employee relations matters (eg. interpersonal conflict, terminations & exits, etc.) at the manager / IC levels. Partner with or triage cases as needed to relevant partners such as Employment Legal, Employee Services, etc.
- Represent as local HR in Health & Safety taskforce and/or Employee Health & Safety (EHS) committees
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in Human Resources or related field.
- Min. 2 years of relevant Human Resources experience partnering with managers on full employment lifecycle touchpoints
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, high judgment, critical thinking and analysis
- Strong communication skills; excellent spoken and written English
- Drives recommendations and prioritization
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
- Experience in production environments and animation preferred