- Type of work: On site
- Type of Contract: Open-ended/permanent
- Full time
- Location: DURBAN NORTH
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by "Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
Ensure efficient service delivery by managing site staff and assets productively. Maintaining client and vendor relations and performing a variety of administrative tasks. The purpose of this role is to ensure compliance with SLA between Bridgestone Commercial and Client.
- All vehicles to leave yard as per SLA agreement. (If not possible customer to sign release form)
- All wheel positions are pressure maintained.
- Actual pressures are taken and captured on survey sheet.
- Tread depth readings are taken over three sections of the tread area.
- Wheel positions are correctly fitted with valve caps and where necessary valve extensions.
- All tyre movements are captured on a Tyre Change Slip.
- All tyres below agreed removal mm must be removed.
- Correct matching must take place by size, tread and status.
- All tyres with Kpa readings under 15% of the recommended pressure must be removed and checked for irregularities.
- All tyres are correctly branded as per agreement.
- All wheel positions are torqued at least once a month.
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing that falls within the parameters of own line of duty.
Health & Safety
- Responsible for Health and Safety at the Site
- All employees are provided and dressed in clean PPE.
- Yard and work area are neat and clean at all times.
- Adhere to safety standards at all times.
- All tools and equipment are kept certified and calibrated and recorded on the tool register.
- Communicate any risk, injury, loss of life or damage to company assets to management in line with prescribed company procedures.
- All work to be carried out in accordance to SOP
- Opening and closing stock are done on a daily basis.
- Stock is taken in a Bridgestone Commercial Stock Book on a daily basis.
- Stock must be taken by size and brand number.
- Stock must be reported to management on a daily basis by using a stock & expense report.
- All stock must be balanced to the Maximizer and filed on a daily basis.
- All tyres in stock must have a brand number for identification.
- Make use of a Tyre Deactivation Register.
- All problem tyres must be reported to the customer and signed off.
- Ensure that customers breakdown tyres are returned
- Fill out tyre action reports for all vehicles visiting the service centre (communicate all defects to customer).
- Identify all Maintenance Related Problems and report to the Customer.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Customer
- Organize breakdown and standby rosters
- Ensure all breakdowns are attended to
- Breakdowns cannot be declined
- Breakdowns are captured in a Breakdown Log Book
- All on site tools are captured on a tool register and signed off on a monthly basis.
- All company owned vehicles are serviced when necessary.
- All company owned vehicles are kept neat and clean.
- All company owned vehicles are operated with a Log Book.
- Customer satisfaction through optimum service delivery
- Skilled and motivated workforce
- Detailed knowledge of OHSA
- Prioritising work schedules and delivery
- Grade 12
- MS Word & Excel (Intermediate level)
- Drivers License code 08
- Up to 2 years supervisory experience
- Proficiency in English
- SAP system experience will be an advantage
- Work scheduling of staff to meet customer needs
- Coordination of operations within his service centre
- Customer Service
- Operational Decision making
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please don’t hesitate and apply athttps://careers.bridgestone-emea.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on
Follow us on social media:
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.