Lauderdale County, MS
Boyer Heavy Truck Lauderdale – Lauderdale, MN
1st Shift (Day)
At Boyer Trucks Lauderdale, our Service Advisors are charged with providing excellent customer service to external and internal customers, as well as providing hands on support for our staff of technicians. The Advisors plan, organize, and control the flow of work through the shop in a timely manner, while maintaining the quality of work. The Service Advisor may be stationed at the front customer service counter, in the shop office, or on the shop floor based on assigned primary duties or needs at that time.. We are committed to your growth by providing the training and tools necessary to succeed in the Heavy Truck world. This is a Monday – Friday shift from 7am to 330pm.
We offer our team members competitive pay, paid holidays, medical/dental/life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous PTO package, 401(k) with company match, employee discounts on parts, service, and vehicles.
Boyer Trucks – Drive Your Career Forward
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers phones and greet customers in a professional manner addressing repairs needed on their vehicle
- Communicate with the customer the estimate and time needed to repair vehicle
- Plans, organizes, and controls the flow of service work through the service department
- Working in a cooperative manner with the service, counter parts, and warehouse teams
- Assists the service manager with various functions as required
- Ensures technicians follow warranty material disposition procedures
- Close repair orders at the time of completion
- Other duties as assigned
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Lifting up to 80 pounds
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch, work overhead.
- Employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, and kneel.
- Employee will be regularly using arms, hands, and fingers to feel, grasp, push, pull or squeeze and reach
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma, equivalent or higher
- Heavy duty advisor experience preferred
- Karmak software knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Proven ability to work well in a team
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook and internet functions and other computer software applications.
- Class A or B CDL preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to pass a physical/drug test and background/MVR check