Senior People Technology Manager
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead and participate in the implementation of our people technology & analytics initiatives. Additionally, support post-production Workday Support/Enhancements and participate in training, change management and documentation efforts. This role will require a strategic thought partner to help implement new programs and processes across the people team, and also have a keen eye to help streamline and improve existing processes. You will draw on your deep experience as an HR professional, HRIS Lead and/or program manager to launch systems critical to the business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead people technology & analytics initiatives through ongoing partnership with technical leaders to break down complex projects into actionable items for various stakeholders
- Responsible for actively leading all stages of the project lifecycle, from planning and design phases, through testing, deployment and post-production support
- Recognize, uncover and manage interdependencies between teams in order to facilitate a common understanding of business challenges and drive alignment on decisions
- Lead in design sessions with internal teams to gather requirements and document key decisions
- Translate business requirements into Workday HCM configurations
- Provide guidance and direction to peers during various testing cycles of prototypes
- Continue to learn and develop as a HR technology professional and share your knowledge
What We Look For
- 8+ years of progressive experience in HR, with a focus on HRIS system management, project/program management, change management and implementation
- Subject matter expertise in People Systems (Workday, ATS, etc.) including implementation and well-rounded post-production support for customization, business process development, reporting and security
- Well-Rounded Workday skillset. Specifically, Workday HCM, Absence, Benefits, Compensation, People Analytics, Talent and/or Help
- Experience working directly w/ internal/global mobility, total rewards, payroll, finance/accounting and equity admin to solve cross-functional challenges
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills; able to distill complex business needs into actionable implementation plans for our internal systems
- Ability to influence, engage and partner closely with the appropriate stakeholders across all levels of the organization in planning, change management and implementation
- Excellent business acumen and judgment; strong team orientation with collaborative style; able to maturely handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects
Location – Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.