Senior Agile Delivery / Senior Scrum Master
84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
At 84.51°, we build software products that make customers’ lives easier and move the retail industry forward with our bleeding-edge data science. We believe high-performing teams deliver exceptional results time and time again.
As Senior Agile Delivery, you’ll be part of a team bringing principles-based thinking to create environments of empowerment and accountability – where product-led delivery teams are charged with solving problems for customers – not given work to do.
As scrum master for 2-3 teams, you know what good looks like and how to create flow, helping teams move closer to the problem space and customer. You create strong cross-functional partnerships and co-create standards that give teams the anchor they need in their quest for high performance. You are an executor – an active team member and a trusted partner who wears a delivery hat. You remove ambiguity and enable the right conversations at the right time.
You thrive in a workplace of open feedback and trust. Your dream job lets you have fun while learning, improving and taking risks along the way.
If this sounds like you, join the 84.51° Product & Design team in helping to lead the next wave of products that will change the way retail is done.
- Create and evolve successful agile team ways of working – implementing, facilitating, and evolving practices and ownership to create the right flow. Partner to create team standards.
- Enable successful sprint / cycle activities – stand-ups, planning, refinement, shaping, demos, releases.
- Help bring teams closer to the problem space and enable Product to spend time closer to the customer.
- Reduce friction – remove obstacles and impediments and innovate on ways to make value delivery easier.
- Act as liaison across teams to successfully align work, dependencies and manage risks including escalation. Remove ambiguity, communicate effectively and create shared understanding across teams.
- Provide clear visibility of sprint/cycle/release using electronic and physical information radiators.
- Create and maintain metrics for team and stakeholders, using data points and trends to communicate progress, quality, bottlenecks, team health.
- Understand team(s) agile maturity and partner cross-functionally to help the team on their journey. Partner to identify coaching opportunities e.g. agile fundamentals, principles, and practices.
- Help team(s) identify, prioritize, and execute improvement opportunities.
- Promote a fun, learning culture and an environment enabling high performing teams.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in an agile environment
- Product mindset and deep knowledge of agile principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Scaled Agile)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I) (optional)
- Software Development, Business Analysis or Project Management experience in an agile environment a plus
- Experience in data science, data analytics and insights or adtech a plus
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build trust and influence others