Marcus & Associates, Inc.
New York, NY
Our client a privately owned Real Estate development firm is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to work on some of their major developments.
The Senior Accountant’s tasks would be working on the general ledger and cash flow analysis. Other duties would be daily and period end accounting activities, financial reporting as well as using REIT platforms.
The role also requires working closely with the energy team. Managing the Taxable REIT subsidiary.
The Senior Accountant works with the finance team, to create quality monthly/quarterly reports in analysis and planning. The ideal candidate must be flexible with tasks and deliver great results in a timely manner. The position is located in New York and the candidate will report into the Controller.
- Daily accounting activities, liase between various departments to maintain proper information flow and cash management
- Create balance sheet and income statement analysis for management and partners under GAAP and cash basis
- Review CAM/ REIT compliance and reconciliations
- Form reporting reports for the properties such as Excel, Yardi or JD Edwards
- Help out with creating yearly budgets and quarterly forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- At least 4 to 6 years of real estate accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
- Multitask and work independently with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, Yardi and HFM a plus