QA Engineering Manager
work from home
Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
What the Role Is:
We are looking for a QA Engineering Manager. You will be leading a team of Test Engineers responsible for designing and developing test plans for Socure’s fraud products. In this role, you will guide your team to deploy and monitor quality standards using a data-driven approach.
This role reports to our Director of QA, Mark Chan and is based in Chennai, India.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing and systematizing QA processes, testing framework and tooling
- Overseeing, managing, coordinating, and prioritizing the daily activities of the Software Quality Assurance team in Chennai and working closely with the Product engineering, DevOps, and Product Management teams (and possibly third-party vendor teams) to ensure coverage and consistency in testing
- Assisting and directing the design and implementation of test strategies, plans, scenarios, scripts using industry standard testing methodologies or processes
- Improving and innovating the tooling to run tests reliably and efficiently
- Managing and improving release automation to increase reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions
- Ensuring product consistency throughout the product cycle (including the design, define and build phases) through quality checkpoints and testing
- Overseeing, participating in, and approving the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of employees; conducting performance evaluations for direct reports and assisting them with performance evaluation process for direct team members
- Ensuring delivery against QA department goals and objectives
- Escalating critical issues to leadership appropriately
- Building and promoting team best practices including documentation, departmental onboarding, knowledge-sharing, etc.
- Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
- Facilitate career growth and success for all team members
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience as a hands-on leader, ideally having built and led high-performing software quality assurance teams in a SaaS environment
- 10+ years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position
- Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
- Experience planning and executing tests for validating the performance of cloud-based SaaS with large throughput
- Experience with the following automation frameworks: testNG, Selenium, Cypress
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience in continuous delivery of microservices with test automation
- Experience testing and operating complex software solutions – understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills are a must
- Strong desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability