Pastry Prep Cook
Bronx County, NY
Since 1912, Citarella has been a part of New York. Our name is synonymous with freshness, quality and value. In a city that offers overwhelming variety, we proudly offer the largest selection of fresh seafood & aged prime meats along with prepared foods and gourmet groceries. While growing, we have maintained our commitment to providing the best quality, value and service.
Citarella, The Ultimate Gourmet Market, is seekinga Pastry Prep Cookto join our growing team! We are seeking individuals whose interest and passion for pastry and cooking is as unparalleled as our commitment to superb customer service and quality food. This role is based out of our Hunts Point, Bronx warehouse location.
The Pastry Prep Cook is responsible for preparing products and assisting in the completion of daily production lists for the pastry department. This includes but is not limited to: preparation of doughs, icings, batters, baking off and finishing products, and various pastry preparation tasks as needed per the business.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working in a high volume pastry prep kitchen or related role (restaurant/catering/hotel experience is preferred)
- Ability to visually examine products for quality/ freshness and execute large batch prep work
- Prior food handling experience
- Ability to work both independently as well as with a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a safe manner in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position including standing and walking for extended periods of time; working in refrigerated work areas as needed; kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, pushing/pulling loads of up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
- Ensure high quality and safety of all food supply
- Prepare production items using recipes and Citarella presentation guidelines
- Follow standardized recipes, through proper measuring and weighing of all ingredients
- Properly label and date all products that are produced
- Monitor inventory
- Clean and sanitize all work stations and equipment
- Adhere to all health, safety, sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Other reasonably assigned duties/tasks/projects as directed by supervisor
IN RETURN, WE OFFER!
Competitive Wages, Medical/Dental /Vision, life insurance benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match!
Citarella is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)