Partner Solution Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are growing fast and looking for a Partner Solution Engineer – Modern Data Stack to help redefine the analytics landscape for our technology and solutions partners. You will join an experienced team of Solution Engineers and Partnership professionals with a shared mission to make the best data accessible to the right people to achieve their business goals.
In this role, you’ll work on the cutting edge of the Modern Data Ecosystem, fostering technical relationships with our premiere partners, such as Fivetran, Matillion, & dbt, as well as emerging partners like Atlan, Alation, Metaplane, and many more. You will help us create joint demos, present in webinars, define our cross-product integrations, and help the entire data ecosystem understand how to use our products together. This is a very cool job.
Who You Are:
- A Data Enthusiast – You know data modeling and analysis and love crafting elegant analytics solutions using cutting-edge technology in the modern data stack.
- Impeccable Communicator – You are comfortable translating technical requirements to business users as a liaison between different teams. You know how to tailor a message to your audience and conduct presentations for groups large and small.
- Team Player – In this role, our Partners are your Customers, and you're responsible for delivering on all activities required to guarantee a thriving Partner Ecosystem, including identification and qualification of partners, product demos, hands-on enablement and training, and creation of go-to-market solutions including integrations with partner products.
What you will be doing:
- Support the Technical side of Sigma’s Modern Data Stack Partnerships, including (but not limited to):
- Providing training and enablement to internal and external teams
- Developing best practices for using Sigma
- Working with product, sales, and development teams at Sigma and our Partners to improve user experience and provide feedback for feature development
- Develop and present impactful demos showcasing the business value of Sigma and tailored for Technology Partners & Customers at trade shows, webinars, and engagement meetings
- Participate in product, sales, and partner certifications to acquire and maintain skills
- Attain quarterly and annual goals assigned by management
- Based in SF, NYC, or Denver with up to 25% Travel involved
What we are looking for:
- Technical expertise, with a minimum 5 years of business intelligence and/or data analytics experience
- Modern Data Stack experience – Fivetran, Matillion, dbt are a huge plus
- Data visualization experience with Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Thoughtpot, Spotfire or similar
- SQL and (preferably) cloud data warehouse experience – Snowflake, GCP (BigQuery), Databricks, Redshift are a plus
- ETL and orchestration experience
- Experience presenting data solutions to large audiences at all levels of an organization
- Passionate advocate of the Modern Data Stack
- Customer-facing experience with a strong sense of empathy and relationship management
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, data science or related field or equivalent technical & business experience
- Data Certifications – Snowpro Core, Databricks, GCP or AWS are all a plus
- Experience at a SaaS company or with cloud architectures
- Consulting or Startup experience
- Starburst, Firebolt, Synapse experience
- Experience using APIs to extract / load data
- Experience building bridges between Product, Engineering, Support, and Sales teams, internally and externally.
Note: The world around us is changing, but we at Sigma Computing are growing and scaling. We raised our Series C in Dec 2021. With that, and us being able to 3X our revenue year on year, hiring and building out the best version of our product is priority. That is why we want to talk to you.
At Sigma Computing, our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
We recently announced a $300M Series C raise from Co-Leads D1 Capital Partners and XN, Existing Investors Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, and Snowflake Ventures.
Come join us to help us be smarter and grow together!
Benefits For Our Full-Time Employees:
- Generous health benefits
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Flexible schedule, do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- At least 12 weeks of paid bonding time for all new parents
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Commuter and FSA benefits
Sigma Computing is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a smart and strong team regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We look forward to learning how your experience can enable all of us to grow.
Note: We have a hybrid work environment.We have safely reopened our office in SF and are following city and CDC guidelines. And our NYC office is close to ready for occupation!