Partner Management – NBA G League
Golden State Warriors Corporate Office
New York, NY
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, or observances.
The NBA’s official minor league, the NBA G League, prepares players, coaches, officials, trainers, and front-office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory. Featuring 30 teams for the 2022-23 season – 28 with direct affiliations with NBA franchises, the league offers elite professional basketball at an affordable price in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. An all-time-high 57 percent of all NBA players at the end of the 2019-20 season boasted NBA G League experience. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players, and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA Cares programs.
This position will report to the NBA G League's Partner Management Lead and will service key strategic NBA G League marketing partner relationships. This individual will focus on the day-to-day relationship management and oversee activation efforts of various global marketing partner accounts.
- Oversee the fulfillment of all NBA G League and select NBA G League Ignite marketing partners' sponsorship obligations
- Serve as lead and co-lead for select partners, managing day-to-day partner activation processes, including activation planning and approvals, promotional development, media planning, financials, advertising creation and approval, event coordination, and results tracking, which will require collaboration across multiple departments
- Support the G League Partnership team with ideating on upsell opportunities for existing League partners
- Develop and leverage strong relationships and build credibility with external partners and their lead agencies
- Assist the New Business Development Lead with research, ideation, term sheet development, and throughout the sales process as needed
- Build effective working relationships and strong consensus with key NBA G League and NBA constituencies, including sub-departments within Global Partnerships and Media, Events, Public Relations, Legal, Marketing, Social Responsibility, Team Marketing & Business Operations, and Player Marketing Lead various broader, department initiatives (e.g., platform creation, partner town halls, partner engagement strategy)
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in a relevant field (marketing, advertising, account management, or brand management)
- Entrepreneurial mindset to scale at an enterprise level
- Successful experience in developing marketing and event strategies for clients and a strong understanding of marketing and promotions, including demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful marketing programs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to create and lead presentations
- Strategic thinker who can execute current partner strategy and identify areas of optimization/opportunity
- Solid understanding of sponsorship activation including events, media, marketing rights, content, etc.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, self-starter with high energy and team spirit
- Enjoys fast-paced and challenging work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Sports Management required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions based on Merit, Qualifications, And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattann n
Nearest Secondary Market: New York Cityn n
Job Segment: Marketing Manager, Relationship Manager, Brand Manager, Branding, Field Marketing, Marketing, Customer Service