Mental Health Technician- Part Time (Weekends)
Gulf Coast Jewish Family And Community Services
Oakland Park, FL
We are offering a $500 sign-on bonus for the Mental Health Technician- PT position!
Are you excited by the prospect of working for an organization that truly values your contributions, provides opportunities for growth and development, fosters diversity, inclusion and equality, AND gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of children and families?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In our Adult Residential Treatment and Stabilization (ARTS) program, the Mental Health Tech will assist in the psychosocial-rehabilitation of adult mental health clients through group activities, supportive individual contact and direct training/assistance in activities of daily living. The Mental Health Tech will also assist LPNs and the Program Director in the day-to-day program and facility maintenance activities to ensure safe and quality care to ARTS clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $15.00 per hour plus $1.00 differential for afternoon and evening shifts (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM and 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM).
- Paid Time Off based on number of hours worked
- Immediate eligibility to participate in 403b Savings Plan with 25% match
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Continuous training and professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to make the world a better place!
- Part time Position, Weekends:
- Saturday 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM and Sunday 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM.
- Saturdays 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school degree with two years’ experience in the mental health field or an associate degree with one year experience preferred.
- Experience with geriatric, chronically mentally ill or substance abuse/dual diagnosis population preferred.
- In-service training in the treatment of mental health disorders, abuse regulations, and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with documentation requirements and patient rights, and be able to respond to special clinical circumstances including emergencies, suicide, and out-of-control behavior.
- Must currently possess or be willing to obtain Florida Driver' License and Florida auto insurance.
WHO WE ARE:
From babies to seniors, Gulf Coast JFCS serves all people in need, regardless of race, religion, culture or gender identity. Our programs span a broad human service spectrum, from behavioral and mental health, child welfare and adoption, family support, job and employment transition, housing, food, transportation or home care assistance for the elderly.
Gulf Coast JFCS offers an opportunity to gain field experience and direct client contact hours for both Bachelor's and Master's level practicums and internships. For license-eligible candidates, we offer both individual and group supervision from a Board-Certified qualified supervisor to fulfill state requirements at no cost to the employee.
Gulf Coast JFCS is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of its employees and clients, which include members of vulnerable communities. As part of this commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current and newly-hired employees, unless an employee is entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption as permitted pursuant to Gulf Coast JFCS’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.