Lead Data Analyst(FinTech)
As a Lead Data Analyst in our Analytics team, you will be using your skills as an analytics and data science professional to help make better decisions and create wider impact using data by working with stakeholders to identify key problems, priorities and solve these problems. You will be working closely with a group of Analysts/Scientists/Analytical Engineers (2-3) to help them to support the business and coaching them to actively solve business problems and hone advanced analytical skills. You will report into the leader for Business Analytics and work closely with stakeholders in Business Services (primary) and other central teams.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to use their experience to coach and support other team members and lead business-critical initiatives. Some key challenges will consist in supporting the teams’ needs as the company expands its product solutions and geographical footprint, emerging as a trusted analytical partner for the business heads while ensuring the operational excellence of self-serve reporting & insight generation
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Developing SQL code to interrogate our data to solve key business problems
- Owning the relationship with stakeholders and developing productive ways of working Project managing cross-team and technical projects from inception to delivery
- Training business stakeholders of all levels on creating their own dashboards and analytics best practices. Self serve is really important here at Tide
- Leading a delivery squad ( consisting of Analysts, Scientists and BI Engineers) to help deliver on key projects
- Championing a test and learning approach with stakeholders, helping to define testing roadmaps, structuring tests, then drawing insight and recommendations from results.
- Communicating roadmap and milestones efficiently to key stakeholders and across the business
- Developing business cases for the analytical engagement and prioritizing the analytical efforts
- Taking the lead on projects, co-ordinating and combining insight from multiple functions to provide clear analytical solutions
- Supporting the company wide analytics community to encourage development and collaboration including the support of data related events
- Evaluating current key performance indicators(KPIs), introduce new ones with definition, provide ongoing reports, and recommend business plan updates to stakeholder or senior leadership team
- Developing and implement data analyses, support fixing escalations issues, leverage data warehousing systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Guiding and perform analytical work in a tech environment of Snowflake, dbt, Apache Airflow, Python, Fivetran, AWS, git and Looker
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days holiday
- Family Medical insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- We invest in your professional development with 40,000 INR for L&D budget per year
- Mental Wellness support
- Flexible working options
- Share Options
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have 7+ years of experience in Data Analytics
- You have good industry experience; preferably fintech; doing a deep dive and presenting actionable insights for business problems. An awareness or experience working on credit analytics is also preferred
- You have excellent leadership skills – you have managed a team of analysts before and coached them to become better versions of themselves
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to explain statistical concepts to business users
- You have excellent SQL Proficiency – You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with & support other analyst to do so
- You have experience in using Python/R and other statistical programming languages experience (preferred)
- You have good understanding of the business – you quickly identify which metrics are relevant for an area and anticipate which data projects will add value
- You have the ability to effectively form relationships with the business in order to help with the adoption of data driven decision making
- You have strong data visualisation skills, including knowledge of self-serve tools like Looker, Tableau or similar
- You’re a self-starter – you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
- You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for..
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We build our services for all types of small business owners. We aim to be as diverse as our members so we hire people from a variety of backgrounds. We’re proud that our diversity not only reflects our multicultural society but that this breadth of experience makes us awesome at solving problems. Everyone here has a voice and you’ll be able to make a difference. If you share our values and want to help small businesses, you’ll make an amazing Tidean