Knowledge Management Officer for Climate Adaptation Support Activity
This job is cross-promoted from our Tetra Tech International Development Careers Site. Please formally apply for this position through the International Development Careers Site here: https://bit.ly/KMofficerCASA Applications will only be considered if they are submitted there. Thank you.
The USAID-funded Climate Adaptation Support Activity project, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for the Knowledge Management Officer position. The USAID Climate Adaptation Support Activity is a five-year project based in Washington, D.C. The purpose of the activity is to support impactful adaptation across USAID by providing strategic support to USAID Missions and USAID/Washington Operating Units.
In coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party and Director of Learning, Research and Innovation, the Knowledge Management Officer will ensure efficient and accurate reporting, learning, strategic knowledge management, and dissemination strategies. The Knowledge Management Officer will use best practices to develop activity-specific Knowledge Management strategies and work with a Communications Advisor to develop technically appropriate and high-impact information management and sharing plans. He/she will document lessons learned and organize activity information from diverse databases and multiple sources. The Knowledge Management Officer is part of the Learning, Innovation, and Research Group and reports to the Director of Learning, Innovation, and Research. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits. This position may be based in Washington, D.C., or Burlington, VT, with the possibility of a remote work option.
* Maintains real-time task reporting, mapping, statistics, and analytics through the Activity dashboard; working with leadership and technical experts assure updated information is available for the target audience.
* Develops KM strategies project-wide and for specific tasks/activities.
* Works with Climate Communications Advisor to assure effective, targeted information sharing and learning.
* Assesses the information management needs and opportunities for project stakeholders.
* Identifies appropriate operational policies, actions, and approaches to strengthen activity information management systems and knowledge capture.
* Identifies appropriate approaches to promote efficient and effective knowledge management best practices activity wide.
* Bachelor’s degree with a focus on computer science, data science, statistics, or relevant subject matter area.
* At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience; previous experience with KM, especially for USAID programming, is highly desired.
* Experience with data analysis and visualization tools and presenting complex data to target audiences.
* Familiarity with Salesforce, Microsoft Office SharePoint, and interface design highly preferred.
* Knowledge of climate change adaptation and related disciplines is an advantage.
* Experience in international development preferred.
* Professional proficiency in English is required.
* Proficiency in Spanish, French or other languages preferred.
* Ability to travel internationally.
* U.S. work authorization required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/KMofficerCASA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Organization: 188 ARD