Deputy Headmaster and HoD Intersen Phase
Unicorn Preparatory School is an independent, Christian, English-medium day school catering for boys and girls from Grade R to Grade 7. The school is a member of the Independent Schools Association of South Africa, ISASA and as such, is quality assured by both IQAA and UMALUSI. It is situated in the sub-tropical region of Tzaneen in Limpopo province.
Deputy Headmaster and HoD Intersen Phase
Unicorn Preparatory School invites applications for the above-mentioned position which will be available from 1 January 2023. The school is looking for an exceptionally solutions-minded, results-driven Deputy Head to support the School Leader by overseeing administrative and operational functions necessary to run an exceptional school, which includes the management of the Intersen Phase.
The candidate must hold at least 10 years appropriate teaching experience and a minimum of 5 years school management experience. The candidate must be willing to work with a highly motivated team.
The candidate must be willing to work closely with the HoD of the Foundation Phase and be willing to integrate in all aspects of what the school offers. He/she will also be expected to take part in the school’s full extra-curricular programme.
Candidates who succeed at the first round of eliminations, may be requested to undergo a psychometric evaluation to determine suitability for the post.
In addition to ensuring the day-to-day smooth operations of the school, this role has responsibilities related to departmental budget management, procurement, regulatory compliance, extramurals, and academic support.
The requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must have an appropriate teaching qualification (B Ed/PGCE),
- Knowledge of working with children at all age levels in a primary school,
- Must be a team player,
- Must be able to communicate and motivate new ideas,
- Leadership qualities in line with expected job position,
- Must have an intimate knowledge of modern teaching methodology but at the same time be able to implement a successful CAPS curriculum,
- Excellent people skills, which must include negotiation, motivation and enthusiasm,
- A passion for teaching, strong classroom management skills and a basic understanding of the development of children,
- Must be computer literate, and have a knowledge of Google products, Microsoft products and Smart Board teaching,
- Must be willing to engage in the school’s full programme, including all after hours and extra-curricular activities,
- An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team,
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development,
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos and extra-curricular activities,
- Be willing to get a police clearance certificate and must have a clear criminal record,
- Must be SACE registered,
- Must have an excellent command of the English language,
- Must be able to fill in for the headmaster should he not be available.
Applications should be sent as soon as possible. The closing date is Friday, 30 September 2022 at 12:00.
Please fill in an application by following this link
(only electronic submissions will be accepted).
Further documentation may be required, and you will be contacted in this regard if necessary.
Please only send an application IF you meet all the above requirements. Applications that do not meet all the requirements, will not be considered.
For more information on our school, visit our website or our Facebook page.
Unicorn Preparatory reserves the right not to proceed with filling the post. An application does not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves for consideration.
If you haven’t heard from the school by Friday, 07 October 2022, please assume your application has not been successful.
Unicorn Preparatory School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information, but it will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.