Greeting from Qvantel Software Solutions Limited!
Qvantel provides a cloud-native, open, and microservices-based BSS solution powered bythe unique Qvantel Flex technology, which redefines how telecom operators can run their business and operations for a new level of autonomy, faster time to market, and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
We are one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Finland (Financial, Employer, & International Performance), handling over 230 million subscribers worldwide and expanding to23 countries of Operation!
Due to our business growth, we are strengthening our Qvantel Team Function in Hyderabad, India, with the best…
Work Model: Hybrid
Work Location: Hyderabad
Role: Database Administrator
- In this role of SQL DBA you are member of multi-cultural and talented global team of experts as a part of Qvantel platform services team.
- We are serving all programs and deliveries from deployments and updates to migrations and troubleshooting.
- We have arranged 24/7 on call support in place for products we are responsible. SQL products we are responsible of include MariaDB/Galera/MaxScale, ProgressOE and Postgres.
- In this role you participate in the planning, sizing, installing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, upgrading and operating different SQL products.
- You also work in close co-operation with our Product and Delivery units as well as Qvantel’s customers, partners and collaborators. The role will give you possibility to utilize your skills in multiple ways, as well as develop your own expertise.
- Experience of cloud technologies, especially AWS.
- Experience on Kubernetes is a must
- Minimum 5 yrs of hands on experience of Linux servers
- Minimum 5 yrs of hands on experience of DB administration of MariaDB/MySQL and/or Postgres
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience what challenges huge volumes (f. ex. 100 000 000 rows per day) bring to DBs
- Experience working with Docker or other container technology
- Experience of automation tools, preferably Ansible
- Scripting skills: bash, python etc.
- BSS (telecom) experience
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to be on-call and do some operational work outside of normal office hours as well travelling occasionally to customer site
What We Offer
Competitive salary, excellent company benefits, flexible working time, and a global and diverse team of colleagues.
At Qvantel, you get to work with major international accounts as they work towards the true digital transformation of their services and offer value and satisfaction to their customers. Qvantel is a fast-growing, customer-oriented technology company with dynamic and international culture. At Qvantel, people are encouraged to learn and develop themselves.
They are used to working independently and in teams and have a hands-on working style and a can-do attitude.
For additional details, please contact Arjun Pokuru. For more information on the recruitment process, don't hesitate to get in touch with
Please send your application in English with your CV via our application form by the 15th of October 2022. Also, note that we will read applications and start interviewing during the application period.
Please note that we expect a valid working permit and residency from the applicants. Qvantel is not providing relocation support or sponsorship for work permits.