Please note: We are hiring for 4 Data Engineers and the positions could be based in either Dublin, Ireland or Bangalore, India.
Do you enjoy problem-solving and driving change in the business you support? Do you want your next role to be a springboard for continued career growth? Come join a dynamic, high-performance team at Aptiv tapped with a key role in evolving our data strategy.
IT Data Analytics is a diverse DevOps team of technology enthusiasts enabling our global business. Aptiv has embarked on a Data strategy that focuses on establishing a strong technology team, enterprise data management & cloud-based business solutions. Our team is charged with catalyzing value creation in the most critical areas of Aptiv’s value chain, touching our business by understanding customer demand, manufacturing implications, and our supply base.
As a Data Engineer, you will design, develop and implement a cost-effective, scalable, reusable and secured Ingestion framework. You will take advantage of the opportunity to work with business leaders, various stakeholders, and source system SME’s to understand and define the business needs, translate to technical specifications, and ingest data into Google cloud platform, BigQuery. You will design and implement processes for data ingestion, transformation, storage, analysis, modelling, reporting, monitoring, availability, governance and security of high volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Act as a subject matter expert in data engineering and GCP data technologies.
- Design and implement high-throughput data pipelines using a range of new and emerging technologies from the Google Cloud Platform.
- Be required to showcase your GCP Data engineering experience when communicating with clients on their requirements, turning these into technical data solutions.
- Understanding business requirements, translation to technical specifications, ability to map source-target, enrich ingestion framework to add internal and external source systems, ingest & transform data per business rules.
- Build capabilities to support enterprise data cataloguing.
- Design solutions with data security and privacy at the forefront.
- Work with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches in the delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any one of the disciplines: Computer Science, Data & Analytics or similar relevant subjects.
- 1+ yrs. years of hands-on IT experience in a similar role.
- Proven expertise in SQL – subqueries, aggregations, functions, triggers, Indexes, DB optimization, creating/understanding relational data-based models.
- Deep experience working with Google Data Products (e.g. BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataplex, Looker, Cloud data fusion, Data Catalog, Dataflow, Cloud composer, Analytics Hub, Pub/Sub, Dataprep, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud SQL, Cloud IAM, Google Kubernetes engine, AutoML).
- Experience in Spark (Scala/Python/Java) and Kafka.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate technical solutions to business teams.
- Understanding trends, new concepts, industry standards and new technologies in Data and Analytics space.
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams.
- Knowledge of Statistical methods and data modelling knowledge.
- Working knowledge in designing and creating Tableau/Qlik/Power BI dashboards, Alteryx and Informatica Data Quality.
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation package including; Bonus Potential, Healthcare, Pension & TaxSaver schemes.
- Learning, professional growth and development in a world-recognized international environment.
- Access to internal & external training, coaching & certifications.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Every day our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some See Technology. We See a Way to Make Connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 190,000 of us globally, located in 46 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice – Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.