Kroonstad, Free State
- Type of work: On site
- Type of Contract: Open-ended/permanent
- Full time
- Location: KROONSTAD
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by "Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
We are looking for a Counter Sales person reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This is a local role, based in Kroonstad.
The successful incumbent will create an excellent first impression telephonically and in person with customers. They will generate interest and maximise sales opportunities for the branch. Develop and maintain excellent understanding of all products, services, systems and processes in order to deal with all kinds of questions from customers and fellow employees.
Achievement of Sales targets
- Sell Bridgestone range of products over the counter by reading the situation and maximising the Gross Profit (GP) to ensure maximum profit
- Register Tyre Damage Guarantee (TDG) on system
- Advise customer on benefits and product choice
- Complete invoicing procedure at the counter
- Provide on the job training for less experienced employees
- Instruct workers to execute the job as required by the customer
- Ensure exceptional fitting bay performance
- Keep a diary of customer enquiries and pass prospective leads onto branch reps for follow up
- Ensure that customers get correct advice to secure their business
- Picking slip always correctly completed and filed
- Correct price, discount and product at all times
- Correct payment method and procedures followed
- Always recommend the additional critical services to customers- Alignment, balancing, etc
- Prioritize the execution of the breakdown and documentation thereof where applicable
- Knowledge and compliance to Competitions Act
- Know market related pricing, issues and trends
- Inform customers of new services and products
- Advise the Branch Manager of any exceptions or other trading information which will benefit the business
- Ensure customers are informed of offers
- Ensure all jobs are completed timeously and that the customer is informed of any delays
- Do customer visits at least once a month
- Do customer fleet surveys
- Ensure that all tyres requiring a brand number are captured in a branding register
- Ensure all relevant paperwork must be filed and stored in a clean safe place
- Purchase Order Documents (POD’s) signed completed in register and handed to administration
- Capture all claim cards according to company policy
- Ensuring that all cash sales, invoicing and administration procedures are strictly adhered to
- Administer Counter Sales float and daily register
- Maintain list of regular branch customer’s profile and pricing
- Check vehicles daily trip sheet
- Inform branch manager of service intervals on vehicles where applicable
- All tyre movements are captured on a tyre registry
- Do part of monthly housekeeping on SAP
Health and Safety
- Ensure work area is compliant with Occupational Health and Safety standards
- Ensure fitters work is executed correctly according to company health and safety procedures and company fitting procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of staff overalls and general hygiene
- Ensure customer area are clean
- Ensure that all equipment including wheel alignment, wheel balancers, low level lifts and tools are clean, in good working condition and are certified
- Ensure the self-calibration of all relevant equipment is maintained weekly
- Keep inspection records
- Ensure weekly safety talks are held and all employees sign attendance records
- Take control of branch health and safety
- All on site tools are captured on a tool register and signed off on a monthly basis
- All company owned vehicles are serviced when necessary
- All company owned vehicles are kept neat and clean
- All company owned vehicles are operated with a Log Book
- Manage all breakdowns and standby rosters
- Ensure all tools including safety cage and safety equipment necessary for breakdowns is on break down vehicle
- Co-ordinate breakdown tyre with customer
- Ensure all breakdowns are attended to
- Breakdowns cannot be declined
- Coordinate all retreading
- Tyres that are sent to the factory are clearly marked with the Job Ticket Number it was issued with
- Ensure the branch manages Certificate of Compliance (COC’s) and that all customer retreads gets delivered as soon as possible
- Have a working knowledge of wheel alignments
- Working knowledge of Toolbox and Maximizer
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing, which fall within the parameters of this job
- Adherence to such requests or instructions
- Grade 12 and Diploma in Sales and Marketing / Business Administration
- MS Office (advanced)
- Driver license code 08
- Min 3 years in the counter sales or related position
- SAP experience will be advantageous
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please don’t hesitate and apply athttps://careers.bridgestone-emea.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on
Follow us on social media:
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.