East London, Eastern Cape
Role: Contract Lawyer
Location: East London – with remote and office working option
Employment Type: Temporary – 6 months
Salary/rate: £ 31.97 per hour – (£58,186.80 pro rata)
Working hours: 3-4 days a week
Ref: GY 78297
The role will have as its primary focus, on almost a project basis, the review and implementation of new processes across the organisation, but the post holder will also be expected to deal with day to day instructions for advice or drafting of new contracts as they arise.
You must have experience in drafting and advising on commercial contracts, particularly service contracts and contracts to support their digital transformation programme.
A knowledge of Data protection legislation would be an advantage.
We are ideally looking for someone who would be able to work 3 days a week.
Main duties of the role
- Undertake a review of existing contract and procurement practises, and to support the Head of Legal to formalise this into policy
- This will involve working closely with the Finance team to ensure their purchasing systems and process are incorporated into the policy
- Review of template contracts and other documents to support the contract completion and procurement processes
- Engage with client teams to review their service needs for Commercial contract support
- Draft and advise on Commercial contracts generally, and to support client teams with their procurement processes, including the preparation of tender documents and specifications where appropriate
- Advise on commercial fundraising partnerships and associated competition terms and conditions and marketing or promotional activities
- Work with the grant team to develop template grant terms and conditions
- Draft resource sharing agreements between the organisation and its wholly owned trading subsidiary companies
- Review a range of collaboration and partnership agreements with other charities.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.