CommunicateHealth was founded on a shared belief — that everyone deserves clear and simple information about their health. We are a community of writers, designers, social science researchers, web developers, educators, entrepreneurs, and more — all dedicated to improving the way people understand and use information about their health. From publishing the first edition of Health Literacy Online in 2010 to advancing the practice of human-centered design for health, CommunicateHealth has been a leader in clear communication.
Line of Business
CommunicateHealth is a growing health communication firm with a passion for health literacy and human-centered design. Our mission is to improve lives by designing health information that’s easy to understand and use. CommunicateHealth team members are committed to this mission — and to helping each other do big things every day. Together, we create inspiring solutions that transform the way people think about health.
CommunicateHealth is committed to workplace diversity and providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees. We proactively seek out diverse perspectives and apply them to strengthen our work and our employee experience.
At CommunicateHealth, we acknowledge that our employees are the best and brightest, and we want to compensate you accordingly!
- Open paid time off policy
- 401K with 3% company match
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans (CH pays 85% for individuals and 80% for families and couples)
- Parking and commuter reimbursement (Rockville office)
- Up to 6 weeks paid parental leave (up to 6 additional weeks of unpaid leave) and flexible schedules for working parents
- Life insurance base plan of $50,000
A healthy social and emotional work environment
- Flexible schedules, including Summer Fridays
- Weekly all-staff Creative Time
- Standing desks
- Gym membership reimbursement (included with company-sponsored health insurance plan)
Personal and professional development and training
- $1,500+ of professional development annually
- Company support for applying to and presenting at professional conferences
- Individual coaching and mentoring, including access to CH principals
- Pro-bono and community work that align with the CH mission
- Company-sponsored trainings throughout the year