Class A Delivery Driver – Entry Level
Reinhart Foodservice is a Performance Food Group Company
Johnson City, TN
The Delivery Driver – Trainee will learn to and gain experience to drive a tractor trailer and/or straight truck on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Routes may be local, over the road (OTR), shuttles and/or overnight. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Internal candidates will attend and successfully complete the PFG Driver Trainee Dock to Driver Training Program as required.
- Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paperwork associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Rides-with, assists with deliveries as required. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed. Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision start day one!
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Required Qualifications:• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
Preferred Qualifications:• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work
Required Experience:• 0-6 months experience with a CDL Class A License
• Entry Level applicants: 6-12 months with a CDL Class A License
As part of Performance Food Group, Performance Foodservice offers the benefits of working for a nationwide company, while maintaining a local, family feel. As a leader in the foodservice industry, we provide passionate, hard-working associates with opportunities to grow their careers while helping the restaurants we love build their dreams. Our 10,000+ associates procure, sell, and deliver more than 125,000 different food and food-related products to restaurants throughout the country. We are inspired by food, invested in relationships, and offer an environment where you can thrive.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.