CDL Class A Delivery Driver
Reinhart Foodservice is a Performance Food Group Company
At Performance Foodservice we deliver your career!
- $28.20 per hour for drivers with 1+ years experience!
- Potential to earn up to $80K annually with overtime!
- Weekly Pay!
- Eligible for benefits day one!
- On the job training!
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Be a part of the best team in the foodservice industry!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on day one
- Paid Time Off package
- 401K with company contribution
- Be an owner of PFG with Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Expand and grow with tuition reimbursement
- Safety incentives
- Employee discounts
- Referral programs
A Delivery Driver is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paperwork associated with freight.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications:• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
As part of Performance Food Group, Performance Foodservice offers the benefits of working for a nationwide company, while maintaining a local, family feel. As a leader in the foodservice industry, we provide passionate, hard-working associates with opportunities to grow their careers while helping the restaurants we love build their dreams. Our 10,000+ associates procure, sell, and deliver more than 125,000 different food and food-related products to restaurants throughout the country. We are inspired by food, invested in relationships, and offer an environment where you can thrive.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.