CDL A Shuttle Driver – $6,000 sign on bonus
Reinhart Foodservice is a Performance Food Group Company
$6,000 sign on bonus for drivers with 1 year verifiable shuttling experience
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for driving tandem trailers, tractor trailers and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of transporting empty trailers to PFG warehouse locations to turn around and deliver full trailers with various food products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, and dry goods) to domicile/shuttle yard locations. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The Shuttle Driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
- Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
- Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Ensure all required route paperwork is with tractor trailer load and available to driver upon dispatch.
- Drive and deliver trailers according to predetermined route schedule.
- Perform hook/unhook procedures per safety guidelines. Park and store tractor trailers in designated areas. Ensure all equipment and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
- Collect and secure damaged goods and customer returns in empty trailer to bring back to driver check-in at base facility and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Health Benefits Day One!
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Required Qualifications:• 12 months commercial driving experience
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Internal candidates must be in good standing
• Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
• Valid CDL A with Doubles Endorsement
• Must be 21 years of age
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Work required 3rd shift schedule, Sunday-Thursday nights (schedules may vary)
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
As part of Performance Food Group, Performance Foodservice offers the benefits of working for a nationwide company, while maintaining a local, family feel. As a leader in the foodservice industry, we provide passionate, hard-working associates with opportunities to grow their careers while helping the restaurants we love build their dreams. Our 10,000+ associates procure, sell, and deliver more than 125,000 different food and food-related products to restaurants throughout the country. We are inspired by food, invested in relationships, and offer an environment where you can thrive.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the “Company”) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.