Armed Security Officer – Suburbs – Full Time or Part Time
Guardian Security Services, Inc
Calumet City, IL
History of Guardian Security Services:
Guardian Security Services was founded in 1975 and is the premier locally owned security organization in Chicagoland. The company has established itself as a leader in the security industry by providing its services to the most respected clients covering the Chicagoland area. Guardian Security provides customized, cost-effective programs that exceed client expectations. We have a continuous history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities.
You have been in Security for sometime now and have been working towards becoming an Armed Officer. Congratulations! Now it is time for you to put those skills to use. Or, maybe you are someone that has been in security as an armed officer for a while and you are ready for something new? We have some great news for you!
Guardian Security Services has openings for Full Time Armed Officers in the Immediate South and Southwest suburbs of Chicago! No patrolling will be required! Must be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time though. These positions start up to $18.00/hr with a completed FCC issued by the state of Illinois!
These are day shift positions with the possibility of working on a Saturday. The right applicant will have knowledge and training in "shoot, don't shoot" scenarios and/or real world experience. You must be an exceptional candidate with excellence in customer service and professionalism.
Apply today if you meet the criteria to get your name in a slot! Armed applicants MUST have all credentials to start: Perc, 40hr training, F.O.I.D. and own equipment.
Entitlements/Benefits for our employees:
- Salary Expectations:
- Starts up to $18.00/hr with FCC in hand!
- Get paid daily – earned pay available prior to pay day
- Major Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Rx Discounts
- Verizon Wireless discounts
- Service Awards
- Referral Bonuses
- ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT!
- Position Duties and Expectations:
- Proven ability to deal with challenging situations while remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Ensure proper relations are maintained between the client and GSS.
- Ensure all logs are being completed and seek advice as needed.
- Provide a secure work environment by treating fellow security officers and client with Respect.
- Greet all guests and employees with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Have the Integrity and extraordinary Decisions Making Skills to make sound decisions in the the absence of supervision.
- Control, monitor and escalate issues to the respective authorities, the client and GSS.
- Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Respond to incidents and document the event with accuracy and diligence.
- Document and report any property damage and special occurrences.
- Provide unparalleled Customer Service, Public Relation interactions and have an Impeccable image at all times, in order to exceed our client's expectations.
- Education/Experience: Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Possess a high school diploma/GED. Have a proven stable work history.
- Required Certifications/Screenings:Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) or willing to apply for one. Must have a 20-hour training certificate or complete within in first 30 days of employment. All applicants must complete a pre-employment screening process. Includes a background investigation. In addition to the basic Security Officer requirements, this role must possess or be able to obtain the following: 40-hour firearms training, FOID card, own weapon, equipment and apply for an Illinois Firearm Control Card (FCC card). Must own or have the ability to obtain a weapon of the following calibers (.38, .357, 9mm, 40 cal.); 2 inch duty belt, either leather or nylon, with 4 belt keepers; duty holster must be at least a Threat Level 2 or higher.
- Employee Traits: Mature demeanor, personality and attitude is paramount to your success. Possess strong communication skills, both verbally and written. Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently. Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional military grooming standards, which includes: No visible tattoo(s) that cannot be covered up with a short sleeve shirt. Must possess exceptional customer service skills, public relation skills and the ability to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Must maintain a working telephone at all times, in order for us to contact you. Must have reliable means of transportation. Flexibility to cover additional shifts, as required, by client’s needs.
- Physical Demands:Determined by the client, the duties can be, but are not limited to having the ability to; patrol the premises, on foot, when necessary, for both indoor and exterior rounds, regardless of weather conditions.
To be considered for this position, you must go through the required questions and application process. If you have any questions regarding this position you can reach the recruiting team at .
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits. License #122.000419